Uterine Fibroids Embolization
Uterine fibroid embolization (UFE) is an outpatient, minimally invasive procedure to treat women with fibroids or myomas in the uterus. This procedure is performed by an interventional radiologist, who delivers the medicine (embolizes) through the uterine arteries with the help of a catheter, to decrease the abnormal blood flow to the fibroids causing them to shrink until they die.
When is it necessary to perform a Uterine Embolization?
Uterine Embolization treatment is performed in most cases in young or adult patients over 35 years of age who have been diagnosed with fibroids in the uterus and wish to preserve the uterus or become pregnant.
Patients who could be candidates for Uterine Embolization:
- Women who suffer from bleeding or heavy menstrual periods.
- Patients who want a non-surgical and minimally invasive treatment.
- Women who wish to preserve the uterus, maintain static pelvic and avoid Urinary Incontinence complications.
Benefits of Uterine Embolization:
- Minimally invasive treatment.
- Possibility of preserving the uterus.
- No scars.
- The procedure is performed under local anesthesia.
- All fibroids are treated in a single procedure.
- Minimum Recovery time.
- Reduced risk of infections.
Schedule An Appointment Today
At Mark Medical Care find a wide variety of aesthetic treatments focused on satisfying the needs of our patients such as Body Shaping, Acne Treatment, Hand Rejuvenation and more!
Get Relief From Uterine Fibroids And Start Living Your Best Life
Mark Medical Care, led by Dr. Ron Mark, is a trusted provider of advanced, proven and effective treatments for fibroids. Our qualified and experienced doctors specialized in fibroid uterine embolization, a minimally invasive procedure to deliver medication that will shrink fibroids and gradually relieve you of the symptoms.