385 West Sunrise Hwy FREEPORT, NY 11520Monday to Saturday 8:00 a.m – 6:00 p.m Get Directions
Freeport is a wonderful town that is home to a diverse population. At Mark Medical Care, we are proud to have been serving the community of Freeport and the surrounding area since 2012. Over the last decade, the residents of Freeport have relied upon us to provide safe and reliable treatment for varicose veins, spider veins, and varicose ulcers.
How Our Treatments Differ From Traditional Varicose Vein Removal Treatments
We offer a broad range of highly effective and minimally invasive procedures to treat varicose veins. These include endovenous laser surgery, microphlebectomy, microfoam sclerotherapy, liquid sclerotherapy, and varicose ulcer treatment.
The traditional treatment for removing varicose veins is a surgery called vein stripping. It involves the physical removal of the great saphenous vein, which is a large vein extending from your ankle to your groin.
Vein stripping can be performed under spinal anesthesia (which will only anesthetize the lower half of your body) or general anesthesia (which will put you to sleep). Depending on the number of veins removed, the recovery period can range anywhere from two to four weeks, or even longer.
The Risks Involved in Vein Stripping
The process of vein stripping involves several risks. To begin with, the use of spinal or general anesthesia can result in nerve damage, infection in the spine, blood clot or abnormal blood flow, and serious allergic reactions. Moreover, the procedure itself involves a number of potential complications.
For example, when the diseased veins (called varicose veins) are removed, the nerves in the surrounding area could be damaged, resulting in a nerve injury. Depending on the severity of the damage to the nerves, the effects might be long-lasting or permanent.
In addition, when the enlarged vein is removed, the branch veins that are attached to it tend to break and leak blood into the surrounding tissues. This is why post-operative bruising and pain is so common in vein stripping patients.
Mark Medical Care Offers Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Removal Treatments
There are several reasons why our varicose vein treatments are safer and more effective than traditional vein surgery.
- All our vein treatments are performed under local anesthesia, which drastically reduces or eliminates the risk of anesthesia-related complications.
- Our vein removal procedures can be performed by making small incisions. There is no need for large incisions so the risk of bruising, blood clots, and scarring is extremely low.
- Our treatments are versatile and can be used to treat swollen veins and enlarged veins in all parts of the body.
- We adopt the most advanced procedures to safely remove varicose veins of all sizes as well as treat spider veins (small varicose veins) using minimally invasive techniques.
- Our procedures have low rates of recurrence. Once the affected vein is sealed off or removed and the blood flow is redirected to healthy veins, you will be able to function normally without any pain or discomfort. The chances of new varicose veins or spider veins developing in the area are very low.
- There is no need to stay overnight at a hospital. Patients might be asked to wear compression stockings, but they can otherwise get back to their day-to-day activities quickly after the procedure.
Choose the Most Trusted Varicose Vein Treatment Clinic in Freeport
At Mark Medical Care, we offer a comprehensive range of treatments to treat varicose and spider veins. Our treatments are minimally invasive, safe, and highly effective. Our treatments are minimally invasive, safe, and highly effective. Our medical team is led by Dr. Ron Mark – who is a board-certified physician and venous disease specialist with extensive experience in treating varicose veins.
All of our staff members are fluent in English and Spanish and can communicate with patients from diverse backgrounds. Contact us today by calling 877-673-4818 or filling out our online contact form. Schedule an appointment with a seasoned Freeport varicose vein specialist today!