64 – 05 Woodside Ave
WOODSIDE, NY 11377
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m
Saturday 9:00 a.m – 3:00 p.m
Woodside is known for its tree-lined streets, quiet neighborhoods, and sprawling green spaces. Once known for its Irish culture, Woodside is now a multiracial, multiethnic, and multicultural city with a large number of Hispanic and Native American residents.
We at Mark Medical Care have been the trusted choice for varicose vein treatment in Woodside since 2012. Over the years, we have set the highest standards in varicose veins treatment and management and have consistently managed to meet or exceed patient expectations.
Different Stages of Varicose Veins
Varicose veins, also known as varicosities, are swollen, enlarged, and raised veins. When the one-way valves in your veins fail to function properly, blood flow to your heart gets affected, which causes blood to pool in your veins. As a result, your veins become overfilled with blood and get dilated.
The six different stages of varicose veins include:
- Stage 1 – At this stage, your blood vessels will become more visible and you will notice the formation of spider veins on your body.
- Stage 2 – This stage involves the formation of large and ropy varicose veins, which are often accompanied by symptoms like itching, burning sensation, and numbness.
- Stage 3 – This stage involves edema or swelling, which is caused by the inability of your circulatory system to reabsorb fluid. It’s the stage at which you will be diagnosed with chronic venous insufficiency.
- Stage 4 – At this stage, your skin will change in color and texture due to venous congestion.
- Stage 5 – At this stage, your skin will continue to change in color and texture and become itchy and irritated, resulting in the formation of ulcers.
- Stage 6 – It’s the most serious stage of venous insufficiency, which is marked by the formation of ulcers and open sores. These ulcers might not heal fully even with treatment and might form again and again.
Risk and Complications of Untreated Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are generally not considered a serious health problem. Based on this, they are a sign that your veins are not working properly. If left untreated for a long time, they might develop into a more serious form of vein disease like phlebitis, chronic venous insufficiency, and venous ulcers. In rare cases, varicose veins can cause blood clots and lead to deep vein thrombosis, which can be potentially life threatening.
Unlike carotid artery disease, peripheral artery disease, and abdominal aortic aneurysm, which are artery diseases caused as a result of plaque buildup in the arteries (which carry oxygenated blood from the heart to other parts of the body), varicose veins develop when the blood flow in the veins becomes restricted due to defects in the vein valves (which make them weakened or incompetent to carry blood to your heart).
Most Effective Treatments for Varicose Veins
At Mark Medical Care, our team led by Dr. Ron Mark will create a customized treatment plan based on your condition. Some of the most reliable, effective, and minimally invasive procedures to treat varicose veins include:
Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE)
At Mark Medical Care, we offer uterine fibroid embolization (UFE), which is a minimally invasive way to remove fibroids in the uterus. Unlike aggressive surgical procedures, such as hysterectomy, UFE is a simple outpatient treatment involving little to no risk, discomfort, and downtime.
An interventional radiologist at Mark Medical Care will perform this outpatient procedure to deliver medication into the targeted arteries in the uterus with the help of a catheter. The medication will work to curb the abnormal blood supply to the fibroids, resulting in their gradual shrinkage and death.
Advantages of Uterine Fibroid Emobilization
- Minimally invasive, in-office procedure
- Minimal discomfort and quick recovery
- No scarring and minimal risk of complications
- Low risk of infections compared to surgery
- Avoids the need for general anesthesia
- Possibility to preserve the uterus
- Possibility of future pregnancy
- All fibroids can be treated in a single treatment session
Aesthetics Treatments for the Face and Body
Mark Aesthetics Care offers some of the proven and highly advanced aesthetic treatments to restore an attractive and youthful appearance. Some of our most sought-after non-invasive and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures include:
Facial Rejuvenation Treatments
- Belotero dermal filler for fine lines around the mouth
- Radiesse dermal filler for deep wrinkles and facial creases
- Juvederm dermal filler for lip augmentation
- Radiesse injectables for hand rejuvenation
Safe and Proven Treatments for Varicose Veins, Fibroids, and Aesthetic Care in Woodside, NY
At Mark Medical Care, we offer a range of highly advanced and minimally invasive treatments to remove varicose veins. Our treatments are a safe and effective alternative to aggressive traditional treatments like vein stripping and can produce better results.
Our founder Dr. Ron Mark is a board-certified physician and one of the leading vascular specialists in the field of varicose veins treatment. His knowledge, work ethic, and dedication have earned him the sobriquet of ‘The Vein Doctor’.
In addition, we offer uterine fibroid embolization (UFE), a minimally invasive technique to remove fibroids. Our aesthetics care team offers advanced treatments for facial and body rejuvenation. To learn more about our range of treatments, call us today at 877-673-4818. You may also contact us online to schedule an appointment with a dedicated Woodside varicose veins doctor, UFE specialist, or an aesthetics care expert.