26 May Post Procedure Care for Vein Treatment
Post Procedure Care; if you need a procedure to remove varicose veins with or without laser or remove spider veins with sclerotherapy, it is essential to follow the instructions of the medical professional after any of the treatments, as the results also depend on the care the patient has in the recovery process.
These are some of the main recommendations to follow after the procedures:
- Wear bandages for the time suggested by the medical professional.
- Since these are outpatient procedures; the patient can return to normal activities considering some restrictions, such as reducing the use of stairs for 48 hours and avoiding sitting for long periods.
- On the same day of the procedure and for the next two weeks, it is recommended to walk at a moderate pace continuously for 30 minutes daily to help activate blood circulation.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or weightlifting for a week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Do not lift heavy objects (more than 20 pounds) until one week after treatment.
- Wear compression stockings daily, after the second day of the procedure.
If you follow these simple recommendations, maintain a balanced diet, and remain active, you will see how your symptoms disappear and how your heart and circulation improve.
After the procedure, it is normal for the treated area to look red and inflamed; however, call the medical professional if you experience something different from what they have informed you.
The content of this article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.
You may also be interested in: Intravascular Ultrasound