These are some of the main recommendations to follow after the procedures:
- Wear bandages for the time suggested by the medical professional.
- Since these are outpatient procedures; the patient can return to normal activities considering some restrictions, such as reducing the use of stairs for 48 hours and avoiding sitting for long periods.
- On the same day of the procedure and for the next two weeks, it is recommended to walk at a moderate pace continuously for 30 minutes daily to help activate blood circulation.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or weightlifting for a week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Do not lift heavy objects (more than 20 pounds) until one week after treatment.
- Wear compression stockings daily, after the second day of the procedure.