55-03 Myrtle Ave.
RIDGEWOOD NY 11385
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m
Saturday 9:00 a.m – 3:00 p.m
Get the best in varicose vein treatments at Mark Medical Care in Ridgewood, New York. We provide patients with less invasive and highly effective treatments for varicose and spider vein removal and treatment. Dr. Ron Mark, MD is a board-certified physician and diagnostic radiology specialist. He and his team of vein specialists are committed to helping patients treat the affected veins, regain their healthy skin appearance, and improve their quality of life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA)?
Also known as Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT), EVLA is an advanced treatment for varicose and spider veins that doesn’t require surgery. Here’s how it works:
- First, an ultrasound scan is performed on the patient. This is to locate the damaged veins that need the treatment.
- Once the affected veins are located, the doctor marks the area.
- The whole procedure is guided by ultrasound scanning.
- Local anesthetic is injected into the area over the vein before a needle is inserted.
- A wire is next inserted through the needle up the vein.
- The needle is removed and a thin catheter is passed along the inserted wire. The wire is removed next.
- A laser fiber is then passed through the thin catheter until the tip is lying at the highest point, which is usually the crease on the groin area.
- The laser fiber is heated and then pulled down the vein for about 5 minutes. Patients usually hear a buzzing sound and may even smell burning.
- After the heating process, the laser and catheter are removed.
- The punctures from the needle pricks are covered with gauze or a small dressing.
What Can I Expect After the EVLA Procedure?
You can go home right away after receiving endovenous laser treatment at our New York vein treatment center. It is not recommended to drive immediately after the procedure, so make sure you have someone there to take you home. You’ll be asked to wear compression stockings for at least two weeks following the treatment. In case you experience any pain or discomfort, your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory and pain relievers like ibuprofen.
Is EVLA Treatment Painful?
Don’t worry, our doctors use a local anesthetic or a numbing topical cream to prevent any discomfort during the varicose vein treatment. You won’t feel a thing.
When Will I See the Results of EVLA?
You will feel and see the results of the treatment almost right away. Some patients notice improvements on the day of their treatment, while most experience major improvements in their vein disease symptoms in the 2 to 3 weeks following the procedure.
Is It Safe to Have Vein Disease Treatment During Pregnancy?
No. Vein doctors recommend waiting for at least 5–6 months after delivery to undergo any kind of vein treatment, be it EVLA, sclerotherapy, or something else.
Mark Medical Care in Ridgewood Offers the Latest Vein Treatments, Fibroid Care, and Cosmetics Treatments
Mark Medical Care vein offices New York provides comfortable, convenient, and safe environments with easy scheduling for same-day procedures. Our facility in Ridgewood is staffed with highly accomplished, board-certified vascular specialists who offer minimally-invasive procedures and also staffed with specialists for uterine fibroid embolization, and aesthetics procedures.
If you’re ready for a consultation with a specialist, schedule your appointment online or call us at 877-673-4818.